Pages

Saturday, October 7, 2017

Best Books I Read in September

Hey people! I don't know about you, but I've been reading a lot of good books lately and I want to share a few with you! :D

Here goes nothin'!

Winter Turning by Tui T. Sutherland 

[source]

Man, this was a great book. The first part of the Wings of Fire series was good but not great. And now that we have a new set of dragonets to read about, it's just been fabulous!! The main character for Winter Turning was fun to read from his point of view. The main character, Winter, and another dragon named Qibli have the greatest snappy remarks to each other all the time.

If you haven't started Wings of Fire you totally should!

Matched by Ally Condie

I loved this book so so much. The writing style was a tad bit hard to get into but once I was in, I was totally in! XD The book wasn't so much about romance as I thought it would be, but that was completely fine. It was such a bittersweet book, just enough sweetness to counter the bitterness. And the story was so beautiful, gah! I just love it so much. XD

Upside-Down Magic by Sarah Mlynowski and Lauren Myracle and Emily Jenkins

Yes, I know this is middle grade book but sometimes those are just to cute to resist. XD And this book was definitively cute. The plot was sweet, the characters were adorable, and the different types of magical abilities was awesome. ^.^ And the humor in the book was so perfect for the book. I like this book a ton. :3
 Spell Hunter by R. J. Anderson
I read this book years ago and for some reason didn't like it that much. I reread again last month and I LOVED IT!!!! The way the fairies did things had a magical feeling even if they weren't magical anymore. The author has such a different take on fairies and it's awesome! Also, the romance was so darling between the main character and the boy. :) I think I may now have a minor crush on Paul... >.< XD

Stars Above by Marissa Meyer
Oh my goodness! This book was the darlingest thing ever!!!* I can't even!! I love this book soooooo much. Reading about all the characters you know and love as younger kids/tweens was adorable. This series, The Lunar Chronicles, is probably on my top list of book series. The characters were just priceless and the romance was the sweetest thing ever. (I could fan girl over Kai for forever...) 

If you haven't read that series yet, you must stop reading this and head straight to a bookstore and buy 10,000 copies to read and give to your friends. (Cause, trust me, you'll be recommending this series to everyone who you meet. It's that good.)

*Yes, I know "darlingest" isn't a word, but it should be!

The Fairy-Tale Detectives by Michael Buckley
The author who writes this book is so creative. He takes the fairy-tales we know and turns them completely upside-down! I love the mystery and adventure feeling in this book. It may be a reread for me but it feels like a familiar book and a whole new one at the same time.* The humor can be a little boyish at times but I still find it funny. XD Most of the time, anyway... :P

*Maybe because I forgot a lot of what happened... Or it's that good of a book.

The Return by Dayna Lorentz
DOGGOS! HOW CAN YOU NOT READ A BOOK ABOUT DOGS???! This was the last book in a trilogy called Dogs of the Drowned City and it was really sweet. Because dogs. I loaf doggos so much. XD The ending of the book was perfectly bittersweet. And the cover is so awesome! Shep and Callie are the cutest dog couple ever. <3 

Half Upon a Time by James Riley
You may or may not be able to tell by now, but I love fairy-tales, especially retold fairy-tales. So this book was very fun to read. I liked how it was a different take on people from our world going to another one, because the main character was from the fairy-tale world and the second main character was from our world. ^.^ The author sense of humor was clever and sometimes just kinda kooky. Even the author's bio in the back was funny. XD

Behind the Gates by Eva Gray
Truth be told, I wasn't sure what to expect from this book. But it was way better than I first thought! I don't think I've ever read a dystopian book where it takes place at a boarding school and this one did. The characters's personalities were all unique from each other, so that was a plus. XD I liked how all the characters had to each use their skills to figure out what actually was going on at the school. And the boys that are in the book for a little may possible be the best thing in there. XD 

What books did you read last month? Have you read any of the books I talked about in this post? If not, YOU MUST READ DEM ALL!!!!!! (Kidding! XD Maybe, sorta, not. :P)

3 comments:

  1. OOOOOOOOOOO BOOKIESSSSS!!!!!! ^.^

    *reads comment call* GACK, OK, LEMME SEE IF I HAVE. XD

    Winter Turning I have! IT WAS SUUUU AMAZING. O.O

    >.< I haven't read Matched yet but IT'S ON MY STACKY!!!

    Upside Down Magic I have! Ahh, Elliot is so cute. XD (Wait, do I have a middle school crush?!)

    FAERY REBELS, OSHJIOFHSDGISDOGHY8E!!! I LOVED IT. And yesh. Paul. ^.^ He's the best. And so cute. AND HE'S AN ARTIST!!! XD

    I have not read Stars Above since I still needa read Winter first. XD

    I have read Fairy Tale Detectives a million times! ^.^ PUCK. I LIKE HIM. HOW COULD YOU NOT?! xD

    I have read The Return! SHEP IS SUCH A BIG SOFTIE AND CUTIEPIEEEE! XD

    I'm in the middle of Half Upon A Time. DOES THAT COUNT?! XD

    YESSSS, BEYOND THE GATES, I LOVE THAT BOOK!!!! XD You'll love the next one. *cough cough* There's three boys in it the whole time. xD

    Lovely post!! ^.^

    ReplyDelete
  2. XDD

    Winter Turning was AWESOME!!!! XD I'm glad we both think the same thing. :P

    WHAT DID YOU THINK OF MATCHED??? DID YOU LIKE IT????

    XD I think I have middle school crush, too. XD (That's a problem alright. >.<)

    YES! Paul was adorable... ^.^

    You totally do need to read Winter. It's su good! (*says in singsong voice* Kaaaaiiii's in therrrrreeee. And you know you like Kaaaiiiii.)

    I KNOW, RIGHT????????!!!!!! XDDD Puck is so funny.

    I wish I could pet Shep... XD

    YESH, YESH, I THINK IT COUNTS!!! (And, besides, you're done now... XD )

    Yay, the boys are in there!!! Woo!!! (XD LOL, I make that mistake a lot, too. :P)

    Thank you so much!!!! And thanks for such a long comment. <3

    ReplyDelete

Let's chat! I'd love to hear your thoughts about my blog!