Pages

Saturday, November 4, 2017

Books of October + This Needs a Better Name

Wow! It feels like October really flashed right by.* :O I can't believe that it's the 4th of November already! 

I've been making this a monthly thing, writing about the books I've been reading. When I started doing it this last month I was gonna just do my favorite books I've read in the past month. Now I decided I'm going to change that and do any books I've read and feel like talking about. And this series of posts needs to have a better name. I tried to come up with names but they are all really cheesy. XD I wrote a list of names and you guys can tell which is best or you can suggest a totally different name in the comments.

Beware! The names you'll read below may be too cheesy and awful. If you get hurt in the process of reading them, Faeries and Folklore will not be responsible for it.  

  • Faery Good Books
  • Books, Books and More Books
  • Tales of the Month (credit to my bro for this name. XD )
  • Folkish Books
  • Opus of the Month (credit to my sis, Lostfairy, for this one)**
  • Reading Creations (credit again to Lostfairy)
  • Reads I've Been Reading 
  • I DON'T KNOW WHAT TO NAME THIS POST SERIES AT ALL.

Yeah, that was all I could come up with. :( Thank you, Josiah and Lostfairy for your help!!! It was much appreciated! XD

Now on to the post I promised you all! 

*Wink, wink. Did you see what I did there? XD

**Opus means books. XD
- - -

The Kill Order by James Dashner


I don't know what to say about this book. I have such mixed emotions about it. I really, really loved the story and plot and snuff, buuuut there were a few more swear words in this book than in the first three books.* What I did like about the book was that we finally got to see what the world was like after the Flare and before the Cranks were around and before WICKED stuck their noses into EVERYTHING! *glares at WICKED disapprovingly* The book had a very different feel to it, but it was also very much the same as the other books.**

I'm really looking forward to reading the final book in The Maze Runner series! 

*That was kinda disappointing. :( 

**That makes, like, zero sense when I say it that way, but it's true! XD

Crossed by Ally Condie


I loaf this series so much! XD This book again had a slight hint of bitter sweetness about it. I love the romance between the characters.* I'm not sure if I liked this book as much as the first one, but it still is a book I would buy and recommend. :) I liked how the book was from both Cassia's and Ky's point of view. I loved learning bits and pieces of their past, it was so sweet and sometimes heartbreaking. 

*Ky is my one of my book baes. XD  

Cake Pop Crush by Suzanne Nelson


If you have not picked up a Suzanne Nelson book, what are you waiting for?! Go pick one up NOW!!!!  XD Seriously, though, they are so good. I've read Cake Pop Crush before but it was just as good the second time round as it was the first. This was the first ever Suzanne Nelson book I read and it has a special place in my heart. ^.^ The relationships between all the characters was so enjoyable and cute. Dane was a real cutie. XD


The Hobbit by J. R. R. Tolkin


This book is such a fabulous classic. The humor and style is priceless. ^.^ I've read this book a long time ago and reread again last month. I forgot most of what happened so it kinda felt like a new-ish read for me. I loved the characters way more reading it this time round and I was far more connected to the story than before, too. Bilbo is such a sweet little hobbit. And Gandalf has this uncanny ability to come when he's needed most. XD It's great! 

If you haven't read this book yet, you totally should! 

Save the Cupcake! by Lisa Papademetriou


I love reading this book so much! The characters feel so real. And the recipes in the book are really unique!* The book is a beautifully written story about friendships and how they can change for better or for worse. So the book can kind of feel really sad but there's a enough happiness in the book for it to be a middle grade novel. 

*I haven't tried them out yet, so I don't know if they taste good. XD


Sticks and Stones by Sarah Mlynowski, Lauren Myracle, Emily Jenkins


Like the first book in the Upside-Down Magic series, this book was a delightful, quick read! The story and characters are just as charming as they were before. And in Sticks and Stones the authors write the book from two of the characters' point of view, instead of one. :D I loved learning more about Bax's backstory in this book. 

Wayfarer by R. J. Anderson


Wayfarer is sooo different from the first in the series, Faery Rebels! Honestly, I'm not sure if I like that or not. In the first book I loved Knife and Paul together tons, and in the second one I liked Linden and Timothy together buuuut not nearly as much. :/ I wish I had liked this book more because the first book is one of my favorites now and I wanted the second book to live up to that. 

Don't get me wrong, I really did enjoy Wayfarer! I liked seeing what the world looked like from outside the Oak and the new magical abilities were really cool. It just simply wasn't my favoritest book in the whole wide world. :P

Unblemished by Sara Ella


This book was good and kinda cheesy at times. I'm not sure if there were too many deaths that weren't actually deaths. Like if the main character thinks a person is dead, they most likely are not; and if someone else in the book says someone is dead, they are more likely to ACTUALLY be dead. The romance in there wasn't too bad. I like Ky and Joshua a fair bit.* But the main reason I want to read the next book is the epilogue. Seriously, it's the epilogue that draws me in to read more.  

*There is way too many Ky's (or Kai's) in the book world. DX :P  
- - -

How was your month? Did you get lots of reading done? Have you read any of the books I talked about? Which post series name do you like best? Do you have a better name?

5 comments:

  1. I have not read the Kill Order yet, idk if I ever will. My older brother's opinion on those were not promising XD idk if I will ever read it, hopefully someday though XDD)
    The only other book I have heard of is the Hobbit (Of course)! I never read it myself, idk why but oh well XD
    Awesome post :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahh, that makes sense. I get why you wouldn't want to read it. Let me know if you do though! :D (By the way, did you know that when I was reading The Kill Order, I would sometimes glance over at the cover and for a second I would think it said The Kili Order! XDDD )

    You totally should read The Hobbit!!! It's so good!!! I like that book so much. :D

    Thanks! ^.^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Om XDDDD

      I think I will, probably soon, if I can unglue myself from other series I have been reading XD

      Delete
  3. The Hobbit was pretty good I think, but a bit dull for me. On the other hand, I LOVED Upside-down Magic! In fact, I even did it for a book report last year XD

    -Snowlondon

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can see why it could be a bit dull. It was a little like that for me when I read The Hobbit the first time.

      Ah! Upside-down Magic is so good! I love all the characters in there. :D Who was you favorite character? I don’t think I could pick my fave. XD Really? You did a book report on it? That’s so awesome!!!

      Delete

Let's chat! I'd love to hear your thoughts about my blog!